REIKI PRACTITIONER COURSE APPRAISAL AND ACCREDITATION
DIRECTORY OF ACCREDITED REIKI PRACTITIONER COURSES
Reiki teachers can get their own practitioner or teacher courses reviewed and assessed by the UK Reiki Federation for inclusion on our Directory of Accredited Courses
UK REIKI FEDERATION PRACTITIONER COURSE ACCREDITATION
The UK Reiki Federation is able to provide a review and verification of both Reiki practitioner training courses and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses in order to include details in the UK Reiki Federation Directory of Accredited Courses
For a general overview of the standards applicable to UK Reiki Federation course approval, see pages on National Occupational Standards (NOS) for Reiki.
This service is in addition to the currently available Reiki Near Me general directory of Reiki practitioners and Reiki master teachers and is to assist our teacher members in promoting practitioner training courses, the content of which meet the recommended standards.
GETTING YOUR PRACTITIONER COURSE VERIFIED/ACCREDITATION
The following glossary may help with understanding some of the terminology used:
The process by which the regulatory authorities and other individuals can confirm that a qualification and its associated specification conform to the regulatory criteria, generally meeting National Occupational Standards (NOS)
Making judgements on whether a candidate’s work meets the assessment criteria for a competence or qualification
The standards that candidates need to meet in order to achieve success (or a given grade) in a competence or qualification
The individual who assesses a candidate’s work against competences
A consortium or organisation that awards qualifications
The person who is registered with an awarding body for a competence or qualification
Centre (or assessment centre)
A consortium or organisation accountable to an awarding body for the assessment arrangements leading to competences or a qualification
The ability to carry out work to the standards required
A person appointed by the Centre to ensure consistent and accurate standards of assessment, both between assessors operating within a centre and between centres offering the same award
National qualifications framework
The framework used by the regulatory authorities to position accredited qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
Award or certification made by an awarding body for demonstration of competence or achievement
Checking that assessments made meet the required standards. In the context of the Directory of Approved Courses this is where a course provision is checked by a qualified Assessor against the National Occupational Standards for Reiki and that the Core Curriculum has also been incorporated in the training.
In addition to Reiki practitioner training courses (checked against NOS), the Directory of Approved Reiki Courses will also list courses which are deemed suitable for CPD purposes.
GUIDELINES FOR PRACTITIONER ACCREDITED COURSE APPLICATIONS
These are some of the main points. You will be issued with an Application Pack which you will need to complete. Some of the questions cover:
- Must already be a CNHC verified practitioner. click here to find out more
- The need to provide a syllabus for the course you wish approved, covering requirements of the National Occupational Standards for Reiki and the Reiki Core Curriculum (both accessible on this site).
- Clear direction of how 75 Reiki treatments will be managed and achieved
- Clear direction of how 5 Reiki treatments will be supervised
- Clear indication of how 10×4 case studies documented
- Duration of study minimum 9 months
- Satisfactory statement on how 100 self treatments included/assessed
- Written Questionnaire be included for students (copy in pack) and by applicant tutor
- Reiki certificates and lineages back to Usui required
- Copy of current insurance
- Identify how 240 hours are to be included
- Sample documentation used for assessments.
- Agree to abide by the UKRF Course Accreditation Terms & Conditions.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all requirements in the pack are met.
If you would like your course verified for inclusion in the Directory, please click on the link below and complete the required form. Please note that approval of a course costs £295. £75 of this fee is taken at Stage 1 of the process with the remainder £220 be taken at Stage 2: