CNHC SUMMER 2023 UPDATE
Article in Golf Chic magazine
CNHC Board Member, Earle Abrahamson, was interviewed by Golf Chic magazine in June about the benefits of soft tissue therapies and choosing a therapist by searching CNHC’s online Accredited Register. Golf Chic is the Official Magazine of the Ladies European Tour. It is available in print and online.
We would also like to congratulate Earle on his promotion to Professor of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning at the University of Hertfordshire. You can find his full biography on the Board Members. page on our website.
Advertising guidance for Registrants
CNHC’s Advertising guidance for Registrants was updated in May to ensure clarity about the use of Testimonials and Endorsements.
If you are a Registrant and have not looked at it yet, this is a reminder to read the guidance in full and use it as a resource to check the content of your website and other forms of marketing.
Registrants helping to promote CNHC
CNHC would like to thank Jeanne Long, CNHC Registrant and member of our Profession Specific Board (PSB) for Reiki, for all her hard work in helping to promote CNHC at the South Gloucestershire Show 2023 on the 5-6 August.
We’d also like to extend our thanks to CNHC Registrant, Léonie Burton, who kindly volunteered to offer Reiki taster sessions to the public at the stand.
CNHC at IPM 23
CNHC once again supported the Integrative and Personalised Medicine (IPM) Congress which took place from 29 June to 1 July at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre in London.
CNHC exhibited at the event and held a workshop led by our Chair, Iain McInnes, and Registrant Board Member, Lynsey Metcalfe, on the regulation of complementary healthcare practitioners in the UK.
Job and volunteering opportunities for CNHC Registrants
- Enable substance misuse service wish to recruit a lead complementary therapist to join their team. Find out more here.
- University College London Hospital (UCLH) in Central London are looking for touch therapists to volunteer within one of the many services they run for both patients and staff. Find out more here.
- An exciting volunteering opportunity has arisen at Woking and Sam Beare Hospice and Wellbeing Care for a Complementary Therapist to join their friendly, dynamic, and supportive Wellbeing Team. Find out more here.
- The Olive Tree Cancer Support Centre in West Sussex are looking for volunteer reflexologists and microsystems acupuncturists to join their friendly team. Find out more here.
- Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust are looking for enthusiastic volunteer Massage Therapist, Yoga Therapists, Reflexologists or Aromatherapists. Find out more here.
- Better Lives Family Service supports families in Islington, North London, who have a child or children under 18 years of age where the parent is using drugs or alcohol, and adults who are affected by the drug or alcohol problems of someone close to them. They are seeking a complementary therapy volunteer who can offer Shiatsu or Reflexology to adults. Find out more here.
- The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity are seeking two volunteer Massage Therapists to offer post-challenge treatments at The London to Brighton Cycle Ride. Find out more here.