Insurance & Financial Services for Members of The UK Reiki Federation
Who are Balens and the Affinity Team?
- Balens are a well-established, fourth generation family-run business which has been built on solid roots going back to 1950, and we have grown during that time to our present size mainly through recommendation; not acquisition or private funding.
- Our Affinities Team deal with Professional, Public and Products Liability insurance for individual Health and Wellbeing Professionals.
- We are Pioneers in the development of top quality insurance for all types of Health and Wellbeing Professionals, with special rates and industry leading policies. We have been developing and improving our range for over 21 years in this speciality – often copied, never bettered.
- When you deal with Balens and the Affinities Team you will receive expert guidance and claims service from one of the largest independent Health and Wellbeing Professional Specialist Insurance Brokers in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, backed up by state of the art administration technology.
- Many of our unique quality insurance wordings are designed by us and often not available elsewhere.
- We offer consultancy, and a personal approach in these days of growing impersonality. We aim to offer a friendly, listening ear to our clients’ insurance requirements. Our slogan “We care for the Carers” describes this intention, and is a good reflection of how we operate. We have been ethically dedicated to Natural Medicine for many years.
- We are flexible and design our procedures around the client and not the other way round. We are an ethical company with over 60 staff dedicated to customer care and are not solely motivated by profit.
- For our full service, please see our Terms of Business.
We can include cover for various types of Comprehensive Insurance solutions for Complementary Therapists, Fitness Professionals, Medical Auxiliary Professionals, Beauty Therapists, along with many other Health and Wellbeing Professionals on an individual or corporate basis. We also insure Health-related Businesses and Organisations including many charities.
What can our Affinities Team offer you?
- We are Market Leaders in development and improvement of Insurance wordings for Health and Wellbeing Professionals. These wordings are, in our opinion, one of the widest available on the market and include important features that other available cheaper insurance packages may not include. Our premiums are extremely competitive.
- We can include cover for various types of Comprehensive Insurance solutions for Complementary Therapists, Fitness Professionals, Medical Auxiliary Professionals, Beauty Therapists, along with many other Health and Wellbeing Professionals on an individual or corporate basis. We also insure Health-related Businesses and Organisations including many charities.
- We offer sympathetic and expert help in the event of an incident occurring. Our experience in helping lift the burden, and giving skilled advice to avoid problems when we are advised of a possible claim circumstance is second to none, and we would place this feature above all others. At the time when you need it most and when you feel vulnerable, we are there to support you. Our approach is different in that we will help you deal with initial complaints without resort to solicitors and our Insurers will not just pay a claim quickly to reduce their costs, as can easily happen. Practitioners want their version of a case to be considered. Their reputation, and that of the therapy, could be affected as a result of claims paid. We send as long as it takes on the phone with you to help you through crises. In order to make a claim or report a potential incident, please ring 01684 581872.
- Many well-known and respected organisations use our services. David Balen is an advisor to Professional Bodies on Insurance and Practice Management issues, and lectures and regularly writes articles for journals.
- We can cover over 4000 different activities from lower risk such as Healing to higher risk such as Acupuncture/Osteopathy/Chiropractic etc.
- We offer a “One-Stop” solution for your other insurance requirements, speak to us today to see how else we can assist you.