Approved Verifying Organisation
The UK Reiki Federation has been formally approved by the CHNC as a verifying organisation for Reiki practitioners wishing to apply for CNHC registration.
CNHC is the UK voluntary regulator for complementary healthcare practitioners that was set up with government support to protect the public by providing a UK voluntary register of complementary therapists. CNHC’s register has been approved as an accredited register by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care. This means CNHC has met the Professional Standards Authority’s demanding standards. All CNHC registered practitioners are entitled to use CNHC’s quality mark which demonstrates a commitment to professionalism and high standards. The public and those who commission the services of complementary healthcare practitioners can choose with confidence, by looking for the CNHC quality mark. General Medical Council (GMC) Guidance confirms that doctors are able to refer clients to practitioners on accredited registers.
The CNHC has agreed that the UK Reiki Federation may verify applications for CNHC registration and we encourage our members to register to order to gain the CNHC quality mark. There are three categories for registering.
“As part of the Verification process you will be sent a pack which will ask you a number of questions and indicate other requirements. The main points are:
- You must hold minimum of Reiki 2.
- Your training should have been no less than 9 months.
- You are required to answer all questions in the pack.
- You will need to give a Reiki treatment to a client, being observed by your Assessor. You are responsible for any travel expenses and the Assessor may charge a small fee for attendance, although this is not always the case.
- You are required to submit 10 case studies of 4 sessions each, which must be written up and submitted.
- You must complete a written questionnaire which covers your knowledge as a practitioner.
- You will need to provide a copy of your practitioner insurance
- You will need to provide copy of your Reiki certificates, together with Reiki lineage back to Mikao Usui for each level of training.
- You will hold a professional discussion with your Assessor
You will be allocated an Assessor who will be available for guidance should you need it.
In order to be eligible to be admitted to the CNHC register, a complementary therapist must:
- Have undertaken a programme of education and training which meets, as a minimum, the National Occupational Standards (NOS) and the core curriculum for the complementary therapy/discipline concerned. Please note, courses delivered entirely by distance learning do not meet CNHC requirements.
- Have achieved competency to the level of the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for the complementary therapy/discipline concerned by means of relevant experience of at least three years and relevant training and been assessed as having met those standards.