Why are there two regulatory bodies ie CNHC and GRCCT?

Both Regulatory Bodies are acknowledged regulators and you can choose which one you wish to register with, if any.

What is Accreditation?

This is a means of ensuring that a qualification meets national requirements. Also that an awarding body is competent to award a qualification and that a candidate’s achievements are recognised. Accreditation is given through OfQual in England or SQA (Scottish Qualifications Authority) in Scotland (see: Course Accreditation and Awarding Bodies), and the qualification concerned is then placed on the Qualifications Curriculum Framework which then may attract funding for training providers.

You may come across qualifications which state that they are accredited by a specific organisation and this is usually where the organisation has gained agreement from an insurance company that cover would be provided on completion of training, or that the qualification is accepted for CPD purposes by that particular organisation.


Who can submit a qualification for accreditation?

Any organisation can submit a qualification as long as it meets the criteria, there are just as many submissions from individual organisations as from Awarding Bodies. There are, however, criteria to be met and fees to be paid, which may be several thousands of pounds, you would need to contact the relevant body to check.


How do I know that the course I am on is accredited?

If accredited and on the Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) there will be a reference number for the accreditation and you can also check out their website to confirm this. Individual awarding bodies, if they have the qualification accredited, would also have it on their website. Individual teachers and training establishments may have qualifications or courses accredited elsewhere as described above.


Do you provide accreditation for Reiki courses?

No we do not. However we do provide a Directory of Approved Courses where our Teacher members are able to have their training courses checked to ensure they meet the existing standards.


I am not happy with the course I have recently attended, what can I do?

If you know that the teacher is one of our members then you can make a formal complaint in writing to complaints@reikifed.co.uk, our Disciplinary Team will investigate and our Disciplinary Procedures may be implemented. If the person is not one of our members, we suggest that you find out if they are on any national register e.g. GRCCT or CNHC (see Regulatory Bodies) and make complaint to them. If not you could complain to the Reiki Council (see Advisory Bodies) and they could ask their member associations if any of them have the teacher as a member.


What is the role of the regulatory body?

The role of the Regulatory Body is primarily to protect the public in that it gives the public and employers quality assurance that the practitioner’s qualifications and/or experience is such that it meets the minimum standard required for professional practice. It also gives the same quality assurance to doctors and all other health care professionals who may use a national register. Registrants will have to be insured and sign up to a CPD policy (Continuing Professional Development), disciplinary procedures and code of professional conduct and ethics.

Do I have to register?

No this is voluntary self-regulation, it is not compulsory.

Do I have to be a member of a professional association in order to register?

No you do not.

I wish to register with the CNHC but need my qualifications checked, how can I do this?

The UK Reiki Federation is an approved verifying organisation for the CNHC for Reiki. We are able to offer verification of your training and experience for the purposes of regulation, or we are able to offer a full review of your training, with assessor support and guidance, for your own requirements. Application forms for CNHC registration are available on this page, for both UK Reiki Federation members and non-members.

I have done one of the approved courses listed on the UK Reiki Federation Directory of Approved Courses, does this make me eligible to apply for registration with the CHNC or the GRCCT?

There should be no problem with either of those. You can download the CHNC form from this page and send to us and if you have completed one of our approved courses we can verify that you are eligible to be considered as a registrant. There is no fee to our members; however, there is a fee for non-members.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt
error: Content is protected !!