UKRF WEBSITE: ANIMAL REIKI
MORE ABOUT BECOMING AN ANIMAL REIKI MEMBER
We are now offering Animal Reiki Practitioner membership and invite you to complete our application. We strongly recommend this recognition if you wish to work regularly with animals and the fantastic news is that adding Animal Reiki membership to your Reiki membership involves no additional annual fee. The only cost is a £40 one-off fee for your initial application and the evaluation of it.
- Animal Reiki Practitioner only (you must be trained as a Reiki Practitioner with evidence of your training and lineage to Mikao Usui). This suits individuals who work primarily with animals and are not wishing to hold Reiki Practitioner membership.
- Reiki Practitioner/ Master Practitioner/ Master Teacher and Animal Reiki membership.
Animal Reiki Master Practitioner and Master Teacher membership will also be available soon and it will be possible to upgrade, subject to meeting the requirements.
If you are applying as a new member you will need to join as a Reiki Practitioner/ Master Practitioner/ Master Teacher first and then add Animal Reiki membership.
As a UKRF Animal Reiki Practitioner/ Master Practitioner/ Master Teacher member, you will receive an annual certificate that requires the submission of continuing professional development (CPD) evidence. This progressive learning would be expected by most professional organisations and as a member you will receive a number of Animal Reiki member benefits.
Our Animal Reiki membership application form has been created to:
- Help applicants be fully prepared to conduct Reiki sessions with animals competently in a safe, legal and completely ethical manner
- Enable UKRF to professionally recognise proficient practitioners
- Raise standards of Reiki for animal training and practice
- Create a solid platform from which to generate awareness of Animal Reiki as a profession in its own right, and publicise recognised practitioners and approved training courses
The criteria for recognition have been developed with other Reiki Council member organisations and are based on fundamental requirements of the National Occupational Standards for Offering Reiki to Animals, developed in conjunction with Lantra*.
*Lantra has worked with the Agricultural, Environmental and Animal Care sector for over 50 years. After being a National Training Organisation, in 2005 it became a Sector Skills body and has worked with employers, trade bodies, professional organisations, regulatory organisations, industry experts, voluntary organisations, trade unions and other partners throughout the UK to develop and review National Occupational Standards (NOS), qualifications and apprenticeships for occupations at all levels.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR ANIMAL REIKI PRACTITIONER MEMBERSHIP
- Reiki level 1 and 2 certificates held
- Minimum 9 months since Reiki I
- Reiki (as opposed to Animal Reiki) Attunements/Initiations/ Reiju in-person
- An Animal Reiki certificate (equivalent to Practitioner or level II Animal Reiki) held OR, if no formal training and applying based on experience, at least 100 hours offering Reiki to animals (at least 75% in-person)
- Reiki for animals training to have included in-person practical sessions for teaching/observation/advice
- A valid insurance certificate (or a letter from your insurance company) stipulating cover for offering Reiki to people and animals. Without suitable insurance, your professional recognition is not valid. Insurance companies will typically add this additional cover free of charge if you contact them with your request and relevant Animal Reiki Practitioner certificate/details
APPLICATION FORM CHECKLIST
Before you complete the application form, in addition to meeting the pre-requisites (above), please check the points below to confirm that you are ready to apply. If all answers are YES, we look forward to receiving your application and supporting you on your journey, benefiting animals through the compassionate use of Reiki.
- Have you written up a minimum of 30 Reiki sessions across at least six different animals, including 3 different species? (100 if no Animal Reiki training has been carried out). These notes should be factual and legible. Notes from 10 sessions will need to be submitted, all may on occasions be requested.
- Have you offered Reiki to animals with a selection of issues (physical/mental/emotional)?
- Do you have a copy of your animal client information and consent paperwork for Reiki for Animals sessions? An example will need to be submitted with your application. It is recommended for consent to be in writing
- Are you aware of Red Flag symptoms, have a list and know what to do if observed?
- Are you aware of notifiable diseases, have a list and know what to do if asked to offer Reiki to an animal with one?
- Are you familiar and compliant with relevant veterinary and animal welfare legislation?
- Are you confident in acting in a way to optimise the safety of yourself and others when offering Reiki to animals?
- Do you understand basic animal body language for animals you will work with and know how to respond?
- Are you aware of basic animal anatomy e.g. locations of major organs and bones? – You will need to add a few labels to diagrams
- Are you aware of and compliant with GDPR requirements?
If you have some Animal Reiki knowledge/ experience/ training but require additional training/ education/ experience then there are a range of options:
– Courses and possible one-to-one sessions, offered by qualified practitioners or teachers
– The Reiki Council publication: Understanding Animals: A working guide for Reiki Practitioners
– Personal study
For anyone who may like to progress to further Reiki training that meets National Occupational Standards, this is being considered as part 1 of the process towards the higher qualification.
We are aware of species-specific Reiki courses e.g. equine and canine. However, we encourage students to initially learn to offer Reiki to a variety of animals. If you have specialised at this level, only intend to work with the respective species and are wishing to make an application, please contact us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org
Animal Reiki Practitioner member application
Reiki is not a magical cure and is not an alternative to conventional veterinary care but it is a natural, calm therapy that promotes the body’s natural process of self-healing and is enjoyed by many animals.