Last modified: May 2018
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
We advise you to also read our Disclaimer & Copyright before using this website.
Policy key definitions
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, UK Reiki Federation.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register.
- Lawful basis: Consent
- We process your information in the following ways: We process your personal data to allow us to provide you with our services as your professional organisation. Your data will also be used to manage communications between us including about our products and services.
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists. You can opt out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us to UK Reiki Federation, Unit 2d Fitz Gilbert Court, Castledown Business Park, Ludgershall, Wiltshire, SP11 9FA.
- Sharing your information: We do share your personal information with third parties and they include;
- Balens Insurance (if you have applied for insurance with Balens they will check with us that you are an active UK Reiki Federation member)
- The public (if you have opted-in to be listed in our Reiki Near You online search directory when you purchased your membership)
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO (www.ico.org.uk) if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
- __cfduid – Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.
- PHPSESSID – Preserves user session state across page requests.
- wordpress_test_cookie – Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies.
- _ga – Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- _gat – Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.
- _gid – Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- collect – Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across d evices and marketing channels.
- php/# – Used by Facebook to register impressions on pages with the Facebook login button.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal date” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows us to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time at the bottom of our newsletter. You can also unsubscribe from all MailChimp lists, by following this link, otherwise contact the EMS provider.
Our EMS provider is; MailChimp We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address
- I.P address
- Subscription time & date
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
- Small business GDPR policy template