Last modified: November 2019
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
We advise you to also read our Disclaimer & Copyright before using this website.
1 – Information about the UK Reiki Federation
GDPR (implemented by DPA 2018 in the UK) brought in new legal protection for personal information from 25th May 2018. This tells you what personal information we hold and why, and what your rights are.
Purpose of processing the information we hold
The purpose of holding and using the information we retain is to provide you with the best possible membership related support and related services support.
Information about the UK Reiki Federation
- Organisation name: UK Reiki Federation
- Address: UK Reiki Federation, Suite 437, 4th Floor, Davis House, Robert Street, Croydon, CR0 1QQ
- Telephone No: 0203 432 6827
- Responsible Person: The UK Reiki Federation Office Administrator
Please direct any enquiries relating to GDPR to UK Reiki Federation – email@example.com
2 – What is personal data?
Personal data may contain information that is known as ‘sensitive’ data. This may be information relating to an individual’s health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic and biometric data, or data relating to or sexual orientation. Data relating to criminal convictions and offences is also considered sensitive data.
3 – What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you apply to become a member with us or place an order for products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
We will process the categories of data below for the performance of our contract with you to provide membership and, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
Personal data such as:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Business name
- Payment information – payment card details are not stored on our systems, but if you pay by direct debit, we will retain your direct debit mandate for at least the duration of your membership with the UK Reiki Federation.
- Special categories of personal data such as health and details on historic claims resulting in injury (physical and physiological)
- Your contact details
- Your qualifications and past Reiki related work history
- Your CPD information (including copies of CPD certificates)
- Record of any contact with you
We may retain this information (other than sales records) in respect of non-members, in case of:
- An unsuccessful applicant who may wish to reapply at a later date
- A lapsed member who may wish to re-join at a later date
- Data relating to criminal convictions and offences such as insurance fraud – this information may not be stored, but depending on the severity of the offence and if the conviction is unspent, may determine whether or not we are able to provide you with our products and services
Please note that we use a third-party provider to deliver our quarterly journal, but they are only allowed to use your name and address to send the journal out to you.
We may also share your information with the UK Reiki Federation National and Area Coordinators if required.
4 – How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you for the performance of our contract with you to provide membership and our services.
The information you supply on our website application forms will be securely transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) in order to process your application. We also collect information about you, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
As part of your membership, you will receive a welcome pack, and renewal information by post.
The UK Reiki Federation will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside of the UK Reiki Federation.
We use your information collected from the website to improve your repeat visits to our website (please see section 11, Cookies).
5 – Marketing
We would like to send you further information about our own products and services. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please call us on 0203 432 6827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
6 – Data retention
We will retain your personal data at the end of any contractual agreement for a period of four years.
Where you make a complaint, we will retain the data for the duration of your membership.
Where you or law enforcement agencies inform us about any active investigation or potential criminal prosecution, we will comply with legal requirements when retaining this data.
7 – Data Security
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
We will contact you using the contact preferences you have given us.
8 – Your Rights
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed: To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access: To see our records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification: To tell us to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”): For you to request us to erase any information they hold about you if you ask them not to hold it anymore
- The right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right to request limits on how we use your personal information
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object: To be able to tell us you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office: To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
9 – The UK Reiki Federations Rights
- If you don’t agree to us keeping records of information about you and your membership, then we will not be able to accept you as a member, or to renew your membership, and we will not be able to answer any queries you may have at a later date.
- We have to keep your records for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask us to erase any details about you, we might have to keep these details until after that period has passed
- We can move records between our computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.
10 – Access to your information and correction
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email DataController@reikifed.co.uk or write to us at the following address: UK Reiki Federation, Suite 437, 4th Floor, Davis House, Robert Street, Croydon, CR0 1QQ
As mandated by law we will not charge a fee to process these requests, however if your request is considered to be repetitive, wholly unfounded and/or excessive, we are entitled to charge a reasonable administration fee.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information e.g. how long visitors stay on our website. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
Cookies that we use are;
- __cfduid – Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.
- PHPSESSID – Preserves user session state across page requests.
- wordpress_test_cookie – Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies.
- _ga – Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- _gat – Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.
- _gid – Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- collect – Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across d evices and marketing channels.
- php/# – Used by Facebook to register impressions on pages with the Facebook login button.
For further information visit www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above website tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
12 – EMAIL MARKETING MESSAGES & SUBSCRIPTION
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal date” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows us to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time at the bottom of our newsletter. You can also unsubscribe from all MailChimp lists, by following this link, otherwise contact the EMS provider.
Our EMS provider is; MailChimp We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address
- Postal address
- Subscription time & date
13 – RESOURCES & FURTHER INFORMATION
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
- Small business GDPR policy template
14 – Other websites
16 – How to contact us
- Telephone – 0203 432 6827
- Email – email@example.com
17 – Complaints
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the way in which we process your personal data, please contact us using the details above or by using our complaint form. You also have the right to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO may be contacted via its website which is https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, by live chat or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.