Anyone can contact the UK Reiki Federation and raise a complaint about the UK Reiki Federation.
Anonymous complaints (where the person making the complaint does not give their name) will not normally be actioned. If, however, the information given relates to professional misconduct or other serious allegations about a UK Reiki Federation staff or Management Committee member, we will investigate the complaint.
While there are no time limits on complaints, we recommend all complaints are made as near to the event as possible to ensure that evidence and details are up to date.
If you have a complaint but not sure of the next step, the UK Reiki Federation staff will offer advice and guidance on how to deal with a complaint and the best way forward to resolve it. Please note, you will still be required to complete the Complaint Form.
If it is necessary for the complaint to go to a Hearing, the hearing will be made up of two Senior UK Reiki Federation Management Committee (normally the Chair and Vice-Chair) and a lay member.
What can you make a complaint about?
We consider all cases individually, but all staff and Management Committee members are expected to act professionally at all times. If you feel that the UK Reiki Federation staff or Management Committee member has acted unprofessionally, please let us know as soon as possible.
What can the UK Reiki Federation not do?
Whilst we consider all cases individually, we are not able to:
- consider complaints about past staff or past Management Committee members
- get involved in matters not related to UK Reiki Federation business
- arrange refunds or compensation
- give legal advice or get involved in legal disputes.
How do you make a complaint?
In order to make a complaint you must:
- make the complaint in writing using the UK Reiki Federation Complaint Form (at the bottom of this page)
- identify the individual you are complaining about
- provide sufficient details so that the UK Reiki Federation can understand the nature of the complaint and respond accordingly
- provide any information requested by the UK Reiki Federation pertaining to the complaint.
How long will it take?
The UK Reiki Federation understands that making a complaint can be stressful. We will endeavour to consider the case in a timely manner and update both parties at each stage. This will include:
- confirmation of receipt of the complaint by the UK Reiki Federation
- regular updates on information received by the UK Reiki Federation during the investigation
- details of any hearings or meetings to be held.
Each case is individual; however, delays may be inevitable due to:
- Gathering information from the individuals concerned
- On-going police or criminal trial
- Employer investigations
- Difficulty finding dates when everyone is available for a hearing
- Adjournment requests.
If at any time of the complaint process you would like an update, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
When investigating a complaint, we will need to inform the individual involved. This will include the name of the person who has raised the complaint unless the complainant has requested that their details are withheld. The contact details of this person will be removed from any documents we share. All information shared between these parties involved must be treated strictly private and confidential.
To complete the complaint form please click here