- Last Updated on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 11:09
Insurance & Financial Services
for Members of The UK Reiki Federation
Information provided by Balens
IMPORTANT: these pages and downloads
are effective for applications/renewals
from August 1, 2013.
Who are Balens?
- Balens are a well established, fourth generation family-run business which has been built on solid roots going back to 1950, and we have grown during that time to its’ present size mainly through recommendation, not acquisition or private funding!
- We are Pioneers in the development of top quality cover for all types of Health Professional with special rates and industry leading cover and have been developing and improving our range for over 21 years in this speciality – often copied, never bettered! We also specialise in Charities and not for profit organisations.
- When you deal with Balens you will receive expert advice and claims service from the largest independent health professional specialist Brokers in the UK and Ireland, backed up by state of the art admin technology.
- Our unique quality wordings are designed by us and not available elsewhere and are always evolving.
- We offer consultancy and a Personal Approach in these days of growing impersonality and aim to offer a friendly, listening approach to our clients’ needs. Our slogan "we care for the Carers" describes this intention, and is a good reflection of how we operate. We have been ethically dedicated to Natural Medicine for many years.
- We are flexible and design our procedures around the client and not the other way round! We are an ethical company with 32 staff dedicated to customer care and are not solely motivated by profit.
What can Balens offer you?
- We are Market Leaders in development and improvement of wordings for Health Professionals. Our policy wordings are, in our opinion, the widest available on the market and include important features that other cheaper insurance packages on the market may not include. Premiums are extremely competitive.
- We can include cover for various types of Comprehensive Insurance solutions for all kinds of Complementary Therapists, Medical Auxilliary Professionals, Health-related Businesses, Organisations, Beauty Therapy Professionals and many other Health Professionals on an individual basis or corporate arrangement.
- All types of Insurance packages designed especially for charities and not for profit organisations
- We offer a "One–stop" solution for your other Insurance requirements. Check out our check list!
- We offer Sympathetic and expert help in event of an incident occurring from specialist intermediaries. Our experience in helping lift the burden and giving skilled advice to avoid problems when we are advised of a possible claim circumstance is second to none, and we would place this feature above all others. At the time when you need it most, and when you feel vulnerable, we are there to support you. Our approach is different in that we will help you deal with these initially without resort to solicitors, and our Insurers will not just pay a claim quickly to reduce their costs, as can easily happen. Practitioners want their version of a case to be considered. Their reputation, and of course the reputation of the Therapy, could be affected as a result of claims paid for as a matter of expediency. We spend as long as it takes on the phone with you to help you through crises.
- Many well-known and respected organisations use our services. David Balen is an advisor to Professional Bodies on Insurance and Practice Management Issues, and lectures and writes articles for journals regularly.
- Complementary / Alternative Medicine: - We can cover almost 3000 therapies from lower risk therapies such as Healing to higher risk therapies such as Acupuncture / Osteopathy / Chiropractic / Colonic Hydrotherapy etc.
Download all of this information together with the
Terms of Business Letter and Application Forms
in this PDF (Acrobat) document.
insurance flyer, premium sheet and application form
(PDF, 350kb, effective August 2013)
[updated July 31, 2013]
[To download to your own computer, right-click the link and select
"Save target as" or "Save link as"; then choose where to save it.]
Note: many of the terms used on these pages and in the forms
are explained in the Glossary.
If your query or requirement is particularly urgent,
see below to contact Balens direct:
Please make cheque payable to “Balens”.
Send your insurance forms direct to Balens*
and your UKRF membership forms to UKRF.
(*UKRF membership number will be added by Balens.)
Please send forms direct to Balens quoting your UKRF membership number.
(IMPORTANT: If not renewing, please advise in order to invoke run-off cover.)
If you wish to renew, please complete the attached remittance slip
and return with your cheque (payable to “Balens”) to:-
Specialist Insurance Brokers
2, Nimrod House, Sandy's Road, Malvern, Worcs, WR14 1JJ
Tel: 01684 - 893006 Telefax: 01684 - 891361
"We care for the Carers"
Established in 1950, Member of the Institute of Insurance Brokers
Balens are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
Reference number 305787
Balens is a trading name of Balens Ltd, Registered in England & Wales, No. 4931050.
Registered office, 2 Nimrod House, Sandy’s Road, Malvern, WR14 1JJ
Important: These web pages have been compiled from the same source as the downloadable PDF document - the information should therefore be identical. However, if there is any material difference, the PDF download should be regarded as definitive.